Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions are those of SARL Goholidayfrance (subsequently abbreviated to GHF) and apply to all guests that book the following:-
a room in the Chateau Du Puits Es Pratx Hotel,
any event such as a Wedding, a Group Holiday, a Celebration or a Corporate event,
any booking for restaurant L’Es Pratx.
These terms & conditions apply without the need of a signed booking form or signature by either the customer or a member of GHF. However, upon receipt of a deposit payment, it will be deemed that these terms have been read and agreed by the primary individual or couple making the booking, both on behalf of everyone in their group staying at the venue, or themselves if it is an individual booking.
If there are queries in relation to any aspect of the Terms & Conditions or any points that require clarification, please inform GHF by email BEFORE making any payment otherwise it will be assumed the terms are accepted in full upon receipt by GHF.
The terms and Conditions that apply to all hotel bookings are as follows:-
The terms and Conditions that apply to all wedding bookings are as follows:-
1. Payment terms: Weddings and large Group Bookings: Upon receipt of a deposit payment the dates of the booking will be reserved and secured in the name of the Bride & Groom or group organiser. The deposit is a fixed amount of €3,000 that is taken off the on-site accommodation charge agreed. The balance of the accommodation will be due 15 weeks prior to the start date of the booking.
2. Reservations: A reservation is only secure when GHF receives the deposit, when the reservation will be confirmed by email from GHF with a customer’s cost sheet. That will also be their receipt.
3. Stage payments for wedding bookings: In order to run the venue efficiently we request that all three balance payments (Stage 1, 2 & 3) are received by the due dates as shown on every customer’s cost sheet. It is important that each Client contacts GHF 2 weeks before each balance payment is due to finalise the exact amount as it may not always be possible for GHF to send out reminders.
If any payment delays are caused by GHF in confirming stage payment amounts, this is the responsibility of GHF. However, if after agreeing the amount due, the money is not received from the customer within 2 weeks, and further attempts to contact the customer are unsuccessful, GHF have the right to charge interest on any amount due.
In the unlikely situation where no payment has been received and GHF is unable to get response from the Client at 4-5 weeks after the payment is due, it will be presumed that the booking is no longer required and the event may be cancelled.
4. Cancelled or Postponed Wedding Bookings and Deposit refunds: When GHF accepts a booking, those dates are closed to all other possible bookings for the same dates. Every year, the total turnover of all bookings accepted for that year, are assessed prior to undertaking improvements, booking suppliers for building & garden projects and arranging staff planning and their contracts that are legally binding. These are always undertaken well in advance of the usual wedding season (May-November) and therefore any cancellation, or postponement will have serious consequences once projects have been completed or underway and when staff contracts have been signed. For this reason GHF has to apply the following conditions to postponements or cancellations.
Postponement of bookings:
- If a customer chooses to postpone their booking for purely personal reasons (eg; non Covid-19) and provided it is agreed no less than 9 months before the original booking, the deposit can be carried over to an agreed date without incurring additional charges.
- If a customer postpones a booking within 9 months of the original booking, GHF may require a new group booking to fill the dates of the original booking before agreeing to carry over the deposit to a new date.
- If within 9 months of the original date booked, a customer postpones a booking to the following year, payment of Stage 1 & 2 of the wedding costs will be required by 30th September in the year of the original booking. The dates of any postponed booking are to be agreed with GHF and are subject to availability and if the postponed booking is for the following year, some prices/fees may be greater than those agreed within the original booking.
- Where a postponement is necessary due to chronic illness or death within the immediate Family of the customers booking, GHF will take a view based the individual situation and apply goodwill wherever possible.
PLEASE NOTE: AMENDMENT DUE TO COVID-19: To avoid any financial loss to our customers in the current situation that maybe outside GHF’s or the customer’s control, in goodwill GHF will agree to postpone a wedding up to 3 months before the arrival date of the original booking. This is if it becomes impossible to continue with the booked dates due to the effects of Government travel restrictions, quarantine measures, group number limitations etc.
Cancellation of bookings: If at any stage a customer chooses to cancel rather than postpone their booking, a refund of any payments made up to that point, including the deposit and any stage payments received, will only be made if a new and exclusive booking of all the on-site accommodation including the full wedding service provided by GHF is procured for the same date as the cancelled booking. For this reason GHF urges customers to postpone their event to another date if for whatever reason the original date is untenable. If a customer chooses to cancel, all effort will be made by GHF to find a new booking for the same dates, however GHF is not responsible if a new booking is not achieved. If successful, once the deposit for the new booking has been received, a reimbursement of all payments made by the customer of the original booking will be made by GHF, less €250 towards administration costs and re-advertising.
Depending on the date of the cancellation, any deposits or payments made to suppliers in connection with the original booking, may not be refundable.
If any booking is cancelled by GHF themselves due to unforeseen circumstances beyond their control (eg, fire, illness, death), in this unlikely event their liability is limited to the amount of money that GHF has received by the customer.
It is strongly recommended that all clients take out appropriate insurance cover against the possibility of cancellation for whatever reason.
Cancelled ‘individual’ family or couples holiday Bookings: In the event of an individual holiday booking being cancelled by a Client at any time up to 3 months before arrival to the accommodation, a refund of the deposit will be made less an administration charge of €50. If a booking is cancelled within 3 months of the due date of the booking a refund will only be made if another and similar booking can be made in replacement of it. It is strongly recommended that all clients take out appropriate insurance cover against the possibility of cancellation for whatever reason.
5. Prices: All prices are agreed with each Client at the point of payment of the deposit. However, although GHF will endeavour to keep all prices as quoted, in the case of food, alcohol and some costs within the 'cash' section, if the date of the event is more than 9 months from when the deposit was paid, there may be small increases over which GHF has no control, eg, sharp rises in food prices, TVA rate changes or fees for musicians, celebrants etc. If a wedding is booked with a deposit payment more than 18 months before the event, there may be a small increase in the cost of the on-site accommodation quoted if there has been an increase in the cost of staffing, laundry or TVA.
GHF reserve the right to change prices but they will only do so responsibly and GHF will endeavour to absorb any small rises in prices and will always notify their Clients if there are any increased costs that cannot be absorbed.
6. The Damage Deposit: A deposit is levied on all wedding invoices to cover the cost of the repair or replacement of any damage to any aspect of the property belonging to GHF and any of the contents therein and however caused, accidental or wilful. This will apply to any damage caused between the arrival of the first guest of any group, to the departure of the last guest of any group. GHF will endeavour to return the deposit within 7 days of the departure of the last person/s of any group where possible, and subject to any claims being necessary. A claim will only be made if the damages or breakages are in excess of what GHF consider are acceptable tolerances and the total sum of any claim will be deducted from the deposit, prior to the reimbursement of the balance. Should a claim be necessary for damages in excess of the agreed deposit amount, payment will be due and payable by the Client within 7 days of receiving the invoice for that claim. GHF recommend to all Bridal Couples to consider including cover for damages (however low-risk) within their insurance.
7. Legal Claims: GHF cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal items or be held responsible or accept liability for death, injury or illness caused to any guest within the confines of the Domaine unless the situation arises from the proven negligence of GHF. Any claims shall be subject to French law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings will be within the exclusive domain of the court in this circumstance only and at the location designated by GHF Lawyer’s. GHF is not responsible for personal accidents, death or injury outside the confines of the Domaine, and any trips or excursions are entered into at the Client’s own risk and GHF advise Clients to have suitable insurance cover.
8. Alcohol: As with most hotel/restaurant/cruise establishments, GHF does not permit any guest to bring alcohol of any kind, anywhere onto the Domaine that has not been purchased directly from the Chateau. This clause will only be waived if a specific arrangement has been agreed in advance and the relevant corkage charges have been paid.
9. Courses & Tours: GHF reserves the right to change the programme of any holiday courses or Tours booked due to circumstances beyond their control, GHF will discuss with you beforehand any such changes that may happen.
10. Complaints: GHF cannot not accept responsibility for any omission of its employees whilst acting in the course of their employment however if there is a genuine complaint, GHF will do it’s utmost to rectify the problem. If there is a complaint the client must communicate this or any perceived failure in the anticipated service provided by GHF so that a satisfactory solution can be found at time of their experience. GHF will not be able to find an appropriate solution if complaints are received after the holiday or event is finished.
11. Delays: GHF cannot be held responsible for any delays, loss of property, death or injury incurred by guests during their period of travel, including taxi transfers or transportation on courses. Any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the Client.
12. Dietary needs: Special dietary need, medical warnings or other requests must be specified at the point of booking. GHF will do their best to meet these requirements in full but accept no liability if such requests cannot be met.
13. Smoking: Compliant with French Law, no smoking is permitted inside any of the buildings on the Domaine or in the vineyard or close to the Bamboo hedge where there is a high risk of fire in the summer. If there is evidence of smoking in any of the rooms, a charge will be made to cover the cost of a deep clean to remove odours from curtains, carpets and bed covers. All smokers are requested only to use the ash-trays provided and not dispose of butts in flower beds, plant pots or the lawns.
14. The Swimming Pool
1. In the interest of safety please ensure that all children near the pool are
accompanied by at least one adult that can swim.
2. We are required by law to have a pool cover for safety reasons but this also helps to keep the water warm & clean. If it is warm and sunny and you would like the cover opened, please do not try to open the cover without a member of staff to help as this can cause misalignment & damage.
3. If the weather is dull and the pool needs to stay covered you can still enjoy swimming by way of the sliding door by the steps at the front end.
4. No glass bottles, cans or drinking glasses are permitted anywhere near the pool. Drinks with plastic cups are provided at the bar for around the pool.
5. Please use the coloured towels provided for the pool - not white ones. Don’t forget to take them back to your rooms as we won’t know who they belong too.
6. Cushions for the sunbeds can be found in the table tennis area but please return them after you have finished with them.
7. After being at the pool, please don’t forget to remove all your rubbish, plastic water bottles, books and sun-cream etc.
8. Use of the pool is between 8am and 8pm and swimming is not permitted outside these times. GHF will not be liable for any accidents that occur in our around the pool outside these times.
15. Travel: Clients are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to Chateau Du Puits Es Pratx and GHF prices do not include the cost of travel, transfers to and from airports and railway stations or insurance.
We thank you for taking the time to read this and for your co-operation.
Go Holiday France, 2019 Siret Number 477 872501